I could feel myself sinking back down into my own personal dark hole this past month. It’s obviously a sucky feeling.
My way of dealing with it has always been awareness and ignore. I know it’s happening, but I’m going to think of something else.
I’m trying to change that.
Instead of ignoring, I’m trying to look deeper into the why. The biggest why this time was losing hope in what I’m trying to accomplish career wise. The smaller why is that I got on a dating app again—honestly, not what I need right now.
Dating hasn’t been a top priority for me for years (which is definitely why I’m single), but of course it’d be nice. It’s just not something I can push in any sort of way without feeling anxious or desperate about it. So we’re crossing that off the list for now.
Back to the bigger monster— I’ve settled down a bit. With fall closing in (my favorite season), I’m ready to relax and get back on track towards diving into my dream career of creation (preferably creating stories and artsy pictures).
Here are my goals for September:
- Blog 2-3 times a week, both writing and photography
- Revamp my website (aka getting rid of fashion/health tabs that I never use)
- Buy that new camera lens and start shooting! (This one purely depends on how thrifty I can be with money this month and will likely roll over to be an October goal.)
- Finish editing my manuscript and start working on the NEXT draft #neverending
- And the biggie that is only just starting in September—start my own photography business.
How’s that for diving in?