A lot of my latest posts have centered around dealing with mental health, mostly because I’m trying to figure out how to deal with it and writing helps, and this one is no different.
I found a list of blog post ideas on Pinterest for mental health-centric bloggers. I, of course, can’t find it now, but it’s Pinterest, there are hundreds of options.
The first one was to write twenty things that make you smile, and let me tell you, it was harder than it should have been to get going, but when I was done, I couldn’t stop.
And that felt really good.
So, I encourage you to try it on your bad days or your good. Here’s mine for some inspiration. 🙂
20 THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE:
- Seeing a friend after a long time (aka a week or two)—this also includes dog friends, but I will always be excited to see a dog.
- Music, specifically that song of the moment (you know, the one where you’ll drop anything and everything to jam out to?), which right now is Let Me by Zayn.
- A tried and true goofball. This makes (hopefully) everyone smile, but man, I love a corny jokester.
- Writing. This is obvious, but what makes me smile about it is when I hit those goals, but at this point, if I get any writing done, I’m happy.
- Making other people laugh. I’m not super witty, but sometimes it’s there. 😉
beltingin the car. Enough said.
- Solo dance parties
- Fresh air whether it’s winter, fall, spring, or summer, it doesn’t matter.
- Laying in the sun (preferably in the summer this time).
- A well written book. I run into so many books that just don’t live up to my expectations, though it does give me a boost of motivation because I’m pretty sure I can do better than that.
- Playing sports
- Winning sports (and/or games of any kind)
- The cabin aka Canada.
- My family
- My paycheck (because we have to remember, I’m broke and money makes me smile).
- Stella Cidre (it’s alcohol, guys)
- Tacos, Mac and cheese, pineapple
- Giving gifts. This one recently developed in the last few years, but I’m glad it did. There’s a whole lotta joy that comes from giving!
- Any and all of my story ideas (I will talk your ear off.)
- Women supporting women because that’s we I need and that’s what we need and it’s always a wonderful, empowering sight to see.
This might be all over the place, but I was stuck at five for a long time. Now, I could probably make it to 40 in a few minutes, but I think that’s the point. We need to remember to put our mindset back in a place of happiness, rather than continue to pull in down into darkness. Harder said than done, but this little exercise is a good one to help.